I remember seeing a painting of a clown in a museum and thinking, “this is supposed to be funny?” The artist had obviously put a lot of effort into making the clown look as realistic as possible, but for some reason it just came off as creepy.
Maybe humor is in the eye of the beholder, or maybe some artists are just better at making us laugh than others. In any case, I’m always on the lookout for funny art that actually makes me chuckle.
If you want to enjoy some art puns today (or any day), then check out these hilarious art puns
Fine Art Puns!
1. Once I tried to paint the sky but I blue it.
2. If art was ever imprisoned we’d have to Freda art
3. Even if you’re afraid of paint one day you’ll have to face paint
4. I suspect the drawing though, it was a sketch from the start
5. Did you see the display of still-life art? It was not at all moving
6. I know everyone loves art but I’m really drawn to it!
2B or not 2B that is the pencil
7. Heck I just canvas the area before I go anywhere to stay safe
8. Shouldn’t have taken that sculpture for granite, now look who’s stone-cold
9. Art Does Not Need To Be Innovative To Be Good Puns
10. I was going to make a joke about a broken pencil… but it’s pointless.
Related: Funny Cow Puns
11. I suck at art, but I want to become an artist…
12. Can anyone recommend me some good vaccines? I hear they make you artistic.
13. A friend of mine tries to impress girls by drawing realistic pictures of the Ford F-150.
He is a pickup artist.
14. Women are a lot like artwork You can admire from afar but don’t touch
15. My art major friend was told the other day, a true artist should please no one but themselves
besides of course, their Starbucks managers
16. Salvador Dali walks into a fish and orders a pint of stamps.
The barman says, “Why the bicycle wheel?”
17. The artist was great. He could always draw a crowd.
18. A not-very-good art teacher was good only at drawing blank faces.
Related: eyes puns
19. I was enamored with the famous Paris art museum. It was Louvre at first site.
Funny Art Puns and Jokes
Q: What do you call a painting by a cat? A: A paw-trait.
Q: What does a pirate steal in his spare time? A: Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrt.
Q: What did the painter say to the wall? A: One more crack like that and I’ll plaster ya.
Q: Why do we paint Easter eggs? A: Because it’s easier than trying to wallpaper them!
Q: Why can’t you trust artists?
A: Because they are always a bit sketchy, a bit shady, and they will always try to frame you. I think you get the picture.
Q: What’s an Etch-A-Sketch artists’ worst nightmare?
A: An earthquake.
Q: How does an artist get around?
A: Well quite easel-y.
Q: Which animals are famous painters?
A: Pablo Pig-caso and Vincent van Goat!
Q: What did the artist say to the dentist?-
A: Matisse hurt
Q: what do you call it when someone is hanging on the wall? A: Art
Q: How do Japanese artists bid farewell?
Q: What is the definition of art theft? A: The haul of frames
Q: What did the artist say when he finally finished his Bas carving?
A: What a relief!
Related: Best Funny Puns To make to make you laugh
Q: What do you call a young, male Art Student without a girlfriend?
Q: how to pick up art students:
A: vincent van Gogh out with me
Q: What do you call a Sad Depressed Artist?
A: Anything But Cows of Woe.
Q: How does an artist fill in a cv?
A: He draws on experience
we hope you liked our short collection of art puns if these puns anyhow inspired you to create your own art pun please share with us in the comment section down below. we will love to hear from you. and before you go if you like basketball do checkout some basketball puns here